Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Rest of the Story

Sorry to keep you all in suspense but it has been an emotional roller coaster for the last week. The morning of our pregnancy test I took a home test that was negative. I went ahead to do the blood work and got a call later that day that the test was positive. They wanted to see me on Friday to see if the levels doubled. When we went in we learned they increased but did not double so they increased my estrogen and wanted to see me again on Monday (yesterday). My levels came back as being negative for a pregnancy so they had the lab retest them. They came back negative again so we are moving along under the assumption that it was just a chemical pregnancy. Needless to say, we are at a crossroad in what to do next. We have scheduled a meeting for Mar. 31 to sit down with Dr. B again and figure this all out. Please continue to pray for us and for clarity on this journey.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

You both are in my thoughts continually as well as my prayers. I love you guys and pray that you still feel God's sustaining hand in the midst of your sorrow. Hugs from me, and plenty of tears too.

aimee said...

Abbey, I hope you know that I think of you all the time and you guys are in my prayers. I kind of know what your emotions are (from last year) but probably not to the degree of what you are feeling them. Thanks for the update--I know those must be hard to do. BTW-a package will soon be coming your way.

Hugs and love, Aimee