Monday, May 5, 2008

Plan B....or not

Before you read, please check out this video. It is the same one referenced in my last post. Your life will not be the same after watching it.

It is pretty obvious why this video speaks so closely to me. After all, this whole entire journey is my "Plan B". In my head, we were never supposed to travel this far down the road of infertility. It was never supposed to take this many doctor visits, this many shots, this many prayers, this many emotional roller-coaster rides. To me, this all falls into Plan B. However, for God this had always been "Plan A". He knew way ahead of time this would be our journey. He led us down paths that would prep us for the long journey to parenthood. He paired Joel and I together so that we would financially be able to manage IVF. This has ALWAYS been His plan. He knows the perfect time, the perfect day to give us the addition we want so badly. This knowledge doesn't make it easy, but it does make it worth sticking to.

We are passing a milestone today. Today marks the first year anniversary of our very first shot of infertility drugs. You may wonder how I remember this. It really is quite simple. We were in the parking lot at Fair Park ready to go in and see "Wicked". I'd been dying to see the play and we had bought tickets in January. Little did we know then we'd be sitting in the parking lot administering shots. Funny how a year later we are just finishing up our prep and classes to proceed with IVF.

Speaking of prep, we have completed our orientation class and have learned that I will be taking it really easy for two weeks after the procedure. We have also completed our medicine training. Joel seemed a little too eager to learn how to give me estrogen shots! I may be calling on some of you who are more skilled than he if I can't stand having him poke me (or if he is out of town)!! We are now waiting for the end of May. Since we are trying to time IVF for when I'm out of school we will not begin doing anything until the end of May. That means we will be looking at doing IVF around mid-June.

It is very hard not to get our hopes up and I know that will only get harder. So until our next update, please pray that we will find peace in knowing God is walking with us and has the perfect "Plan A" set out before us. Have a great week and until next time...God Bless.

3 comments:

H Noble said...

I can't believe its been a year. I'm glad things are moving along and that you have a plan for the next step. You know I will be there in a moment's notice if you need help with your shots. Love you Abbey, and you guys are ever in my prayers.
H

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys!

H Noble said...

Finally had time to watch the video. Of course I cried again, but what an amazing witness they are! Thanks for sharing.
H