Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Life Verses

The last several weeks I have been focusing on finding and documenting verses that speak to me in regards to life and this journey. My plan is to spend time this summer committing them to memory and focusing on living in the word.

I can't wait to share with you some of these verses but first I want to challenge you to share some of your life verses with me. I can't wait to see the different ways God speaks to all of His children!!

In the meantime, I ran across the following in my email and thought it was a good reminder to all of us. Enjoy and don't forget to leave your verses for all to enjoy.

You Say: “It’s Impossible”
God Says: All things are possible
*Luke 18:27
You Say: “I’m too tired”
God Says: I will give you rest.
*Matthew 11:28-30
You say: “Nobody really loves me”
God Says: I Love You
*John 3:1-6 & John 3:34
You say: “I can’t go on”
God Says: My grace is sufficient.
*II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15
You say: “I can’t figure things out”
God Says: I will direct your steps
*Proverbs 3:5-6
You say: “I can’t do it”
God Says: You can do all things.
*Philippians 4:13
You say: “I’m not able”
God Says: I am able
*II Corinthians 9:8
You say: “It’s not worth it”
God says: I WILL be worth it.
*Romans 8:28
You say: “I can’t forgive myself”
God Says: I Forgive you.
*I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1
You say: “I can’t manage”
God Says: I will supply your needs.
*Philippians 4:19
You say: “I’m afraid”
God Says: I have not given you a spirit of fear.
*II Timothy 1:7
You say: “I’m always worried and frustrated”
God Says: Cast all your cares on ME.
*I Peter 5:7
You say: “I’m not smart enough”
God Says: I give you wisdom.
*I Corinthians 1:30
You say: “I feel all alone”
God Says: I WILL NEVER LEAVE OR FORSAKE YOU

2 comments:

H Noble said...

Beautiful Abbey! This is a fantastic list and one of my very favorites is Jeremiah 29:11. "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

H Noble said...

Praying for you today Abbey, that God leads you in his direction and that you know with certain peace what that is. Love you!