Sunday, January 13, 2008

Two Week Wait

Sorry for my lack of keeping you updated this week but it has been a whirlwind of doctor appointments. I went on Wed. and continued the injections until my appointment on Fri. At the Wed. appointment they found 3-4 potential eggs, 9 medium sized eggs and about 15 other follicles. This was good news as I responded really well to the meds again.

At our appointment on Friday, we received news that I had 5 potential eggs and was ready to take the shot to release them. This was actually more than they prefer so we had to consider whether or not to take the chance that they may all fertilize. We decided to go ahead with an IUI on Saturday morning. After all, this is all in God's hands and he won't give us more than we can handle...RIGHT???

So here we are in the abyss of the "two week wait" until our pregnancy test. This is the worst time for me. There are no more appointments to occupy my time and I've never actually made it to one of these appointments. That is my goal this time...to make it two weeks without a period. And yes, I do think about the irony involved in wishing to not get a period when a few years ago I would have wished to get it!

This is where we are now. Hoping and praying that we get pregnant and keeping faith that God knows our plan. Just be aware...if our plan includes multiples each one of you is signing up for babysitting duty!!!

2 comments:

TheLudlows said...

I remember the two week wait. It was so hard. Like being at the top of the roller coaster and you just know that something is going to happen-you just don't know if you are ready for it.
I'll be praying for you.

H Noble said...

Waiting is the hardest part of anything, it seems. We are praying right along with you! And if there are multiples, we will be right there to help! Of course, we will be anyway, no matter what happens. Love you!!!!
H