Monday, April 26, 2010

Counting...

We are in the final days now. I can't believe how quickly the last nine months have passed. Obviously baby girl is on her own timeline since we are 4 days from our due date and there is little sign she's coming anytime soon. Since I've been off work waiting for her arrival I've had a lot of time to reflect and think about our journey.

Here are some of my thoughts in no particular order:

The last week of pregnancy is much like the first week. I spent so much time at the beginning of this pregnancy praying to God that it was really happening. I spent the first many weeks just begging for one more day to be pregnant. I'm not sure when I finally could accept we were in it for the long haul but it was somewhere around hitting the third trimester. Similarly I have spent these last weeks praying for a healthy baby, drama free delivery, and wisdom to raise her. There are moments I'm just as scared as I was during those first weeks but in a different way.

God's timing couldn't be better. I know this is really not a new revelation but it came full circle for me this week. What I didn't realize back in August was the significance of her due date. How appropriate is it that after 4 years of trying to conceive, countless dr appointments, lots of intervention, tons of meds, that our precious baby girl is due at the end of National Infertility Week. I couldn't have planned it better myself. :)

We will never really be ready for her arrival. As much as we think we are ready we really aren't. We are as prepared as we can be but much like many things in life until we experience it we are clueless. Regardless, I can't wait to join the roller coaster ride of parenthood.

We can't wait to show her off and I promise to update as soon as I can after her arrival. Praise be to God for this miracle!!

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Abbey and Joel,
I am as nervous as you are...like I am the one going to give birth. You all are in my thoughts as you approach your due date. I am anxiously waiting as much as you are.

Love,
Cindi

aimee said...

Thinking about you and so happy for you. All your fears and nerves will go away once you hold that little girl in your arms. It is truly the greatest gift ever...

NANNY said...

yep--no coincidences with God!
praying for calm spirits for all!
Nancy