Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Go Time

Sorry for the lack of blogging this week. I've been busy with appointments but have also been in a funk. I can't seem to really get excited about this latest round of IVF. That being said, I need to adjust my attitude before Thursday because that's the big day.

We are scheduled for retrieval Thursday morning around 7:30. We have hit our target on mature follicles as of today but I suspect there will be a few more ready by Thurs. I'm already feeling uncomfortable from the fluid but am nowhere near as miserable as in the past. Unfortunately, Dr. B's new facilities are not ready so we will be going back to Presby. I'm disappointed but feel at peace that God would not have brought us this far only to abandon us because of facilities.

I decided to keep this round of IVF as exciting as possible and so I created some DRAMA last week. I had training for school two days (really 1 1/2 days) so I had to do my shots in small bathroom stalls. On the second day, I must have decided that life had been too predictable so I dropped my vial of meds on the tile floor. Yup, shattered everywhere causing me to miss that dose (Note to self--Glass and tile don't mix). I quickly called the pharmacy (luckily I can do local pick up) to order more. I then made a frantic call to the nurse at Dr. B's office who reassured me that being 4 hrs late was not the end of the world as long as I took a dose ASAP. Needless to say, I got nothing from my training and rushed out of there to the pharmacy. Obviously it all worked out, but it sure was a stressful day!

So, as we prepare for Thursday, we continue to trust in the path God has carried us through. We hold strong to hope in the process, faith it will work and the love God has for us. Please continue to pray for us, our medical staff, the embryologists and our families.

Thank you all for the support and check back in after Thursday for the update on embryos.

2 comments:

H Noble said...

And on top of all that, doing Boot Camp?? You silly girl! We're still praying as always and anxiously await the next update. You're going to get through all of this, I promise!

NANNY said...

Already prayed for those little tiny God made eggs today!! trusting Him-Nancy