Wednesday, June 18, 2008

This stinks!

That's right, laying around when you feel perfectly fine stinks! I hate not being able to shower, get my own food, or just walk around outside and get the mail. It just plain stinks.

On the same topic of stinking, we learned this morning that none of our embryos met the criteria to be frozen. That stinks too. While we trust the professional opinions of the doctors, we are still frustrated and disappointed. The only good thing is that we didn't have to shell out more money right now.

One more thing that stinks lately, is a very dear childhood friend miscarried this week. This really stinks! I can't imagine walking in her shoes and wish I could give her a big hug across the miles. She and her family have constantly been in my thoughts and prayers. I know they would appreciate your prayers on their behalf.

Having said all of this, here is the one thing today that doesn't stink:

Jeremiah 29:11

I'll show up and take care of you as I promised
and bring you back home.
I know what I'm doing.
I have it all planned out -
plans to take care of you,
not abandon you,
plans to give you the future you hope for.


I just can't argue with that!

4 comments:

H Noble said...

Sorry to hear that, but we will be thankful for the two that they transferred!
H

aimee said...

I can't argue with Jeremiah 29:11 either. Thank you for you kind words and prayers. You, too, are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything goes well (and no more stinky things happen) for you.

love you!

H Noble said...

Ab, I have been thinking of your "This Stinks" title, and I wanted to remind you (in a completely loving way) that you are so blessed to have the opportunity to be on complete bedrest for this purpose. Its for a greater good, and you could be pregnant right now!!!! :) So think of it more as a very relaxing vacation! Ha!
Love ya,
H

Abbey said...

Thanks Holly for a new perspective. You are certainly right. Although, I'd rather take my vacations next to the beach with a good book and a shower!! After all I literally stunk after 2 days of not showering!