Thursday, October 4, 2012

I prayed for this??

It's been a rough couple of days in the Cramer house. L has been feverish with lots of snot and whining. We are so blessed that she has never been majorly sick and so far has only been to her dr for well visits. All of that to say I caught myself thinking at one point while covered in snot and dealing with meltdown #500, I waited and prayed years for this?

Why yes I did. I knew motherhood would not be glamorous all the time but I think we all underestimate what it really means. To be honest, when L was a few weeks old and Joel went back to work there were several days I was so overwhelmed. I remember thinking maybe we had made a mistake having a baby. It was hard work! I felt so guilty too because we had waited so long for her. I felt guilty any time I complained about something even though I knew all mothers probably felt frustrated too.

Obviously we survived but those thought still creep into my head. Why are some days just so stinkin hard? And if I feel like this just imagine how frustrated God must be with me at times. There's food for thought.

Not to fear, just when I think I need a break a certain someone looks at me and says, "mommy, hold you". And I cave. Every time. Because you see, I wouldn't trade one second of being covered in snot. I've been on the other side and it's far worse. We are so blessed! Thank you Lord for it all, even the snot!

0 comments: