Thursday, October 25, 2012

Perspective







Wow. I needed a little perspective this morning. Yesterday was a bit rough with a near constant headache and a spirited 2.5 year old. Today is a new day though and I'm determined not to take this journey or L for granted.

I realize we are so blessed to be doing IVF again. There are so many people who don't even get one opportunity and here we are on #4. There are also so many people who would love to have just one child (I used to be there) and here we are hoping for another. I don't want to be ungrateful for what we have or to take any of it for granted. If you ever see me doing that, please remind me of my blessings.

Thank you Lord for blessing us so tremendously. Help us to remember how fortunate we are to be on this journey regardless of the outcome. Help us to live a life satisfied with what we do have. Amen.

What are you taking for granted? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

1 comments:

Marcy said...

hmmmm! I think we are all guilty of taking things for granted on a daily basis....like simply the fact that we have running water and electricity! I love what you are saying here and I'm so thankful you have Lillian and will continue to pray for sibling number 2!